American Check Management is the vendor that Cheney Brothers has partnered with to implement a check by phone process. The company is headquartered in Miami, Florida, but there is a local office in Alpharetta, Georgia. ACM, as it is commonly referred to, is the gateway to initiate check payments between a customer's financial institution and Cheney Brothers' designated bank.
2. What is Cheney Brothers' On-line Bill Pay Presentment product?
Cheney Brothers has created a payment vehicle by which customers can register at Cheney Brothers.com and remit on their outstanding invoices. It is a secured, simple and user-friendly tool for customers.
3. What governing financial entities is ACM affiliated with?
ACM is affiliated with the National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA), who is the primary governance for electronic payments processing between financial institutions.
4. What is an EFT - Payment by Phone?
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) allows the customer the opportunity to submit via on-line a payment from their bank account. EFT transactions are batched through the Federal Reserve nightly. Settlement is usually two to three business days. The remittance will be classified as an ACH credit to Cheney Brothers' bank account.
5. Can a customer schedule reoccurring payments via the on-line bill pay presentment product?
No. Currently, the option to schedule a recurring payment transaction is not available to Cheney Brothers customers.
6. What banking information will the on-line bill pay presentment product store?
Cheney Brothers will only store upon your authorization to us the bank routing number and bank account number that you have provided when participating with this service.
7. What are the requirements to utilize the customized website to initiate on-line payments to Cheney Brothers?
The requirements to use the customized website will be to complete a Customer Registration Page. Below is a listing of information:
- Account Number
- Confirm Password
- Complete Customer Name
- Doing Business As (DBA)
- Zip Code
- Contact Person
- Phone Number
- Fax Number
- Send E-Mail Confirmation
- ACH Authorization
- Bank Routing Number
- Bank Account Number
- Account Type
8. Why is on-line bill pay presentment a good thing for my company?
Customer benefits include the following:
- Reduced opportunity for fraud associated with mailing checks.
- Checks are not lost in the mail.
- Quicker account payment postings